Visitor Information - Accreditations
High Point University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelor's and master's degrees, and the doctor of education degree. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4501 for questions about the accreditation of High Point University.
High Point University's teacher education program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and by the North Carolina State Board of Education.
High Point University's athletic training program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
High Point University's interior design program is accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA).
The University is a member of the following associations:
- The University Senate of the United Methodist Church
- The National Association of Schools and Colleges of the United Methodist Church
- The American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- The Association of American Colleges
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education
- The North Carolina Association of Colleges and Universities
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- National Collegiate Athletic Association, Division I
- The Council of Graduate Schools
- The Conference of Southern Graduate Schools
- The North Carolina Conference of Graduate Schools
- The United States Department of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security, Oversees Security Advisory Council